Follow these instructions to change your blade on a Pikus wet saw.
- Make sure that the machine is not wired live, and the plug is out of the transformer.
- With the plunge action unlocked, push the handle down so the blade is in its lowest position. Lock it into place with the screw on the back of the machine.
- Remove the clear plastic water guard by unclipping it from its two locating white studs.
- You will now see four metal studs that hold the front cowling on the face of the cowling. The spanner for the nut is in here along with the allen key to undo the four studs.
- Undo the studs to allow you to lift the cowling off and place it on top of the machine, exposing the blade.
- Place the allen key into the centre of the shaft of the blade, and the spanner onto the nut to open them up clockwise.
- Take the nut off and the blade flange to allow you to slide the blade off. The blade and the machine are directional. You will see on the cowling there is an arrow that indicates that the blade goes clockwise.
- When you replace the diamond blade you need to make sure that the arrow on the blade goes clockwise.
- Place the new blade on clockwise so as the cut is done, the angle of the teeth are stroking the tile and not forcing against the tile.
- Put the flange back on and screw the nut back on.
- Place the allen key back in the centre and nip it up as to not to over tighten it because the blade is self-tightening.
- Put the water guard back and clip it onto the stud at the back and onto the stud at the front.
- Put the tools back ready for next time and you are good to go!
Tilers Tools offer various blades on their website (www.tilerstools.co.uk). If ever you need any help, Tilers Tools are always at the end of the telephone on 01565 344860 to give you further advice.