It’s that time of year when the days get shorter and the temperature drops, however, before you start to enjoy cosy nights in, now is the perfect time to get your patios ready for winter. Washing your external paving with our Macchia cleaning machine and our Ventosa vacuum will give immediate results, and our wide range of cleaning solutions provide everything you need to achieve that perfect finish.
Our ‘Everyday Cleaner’ from our Clean-IT range is purposely made for the regular mopping of your paved areas and everyday maintenance. The beauty of this product is that it is eco-friendly, bio-degradable, and it does not leave soapy suds and residue after the solution has been used for mopping, saving you cleaning time! Use this product in three easy steps:
- Use a regular brush to remove any surface dirt as you do not want to be spreading or mixing dirt with the diluted cleaning solution.
- Grab hold of your regular mop and bucket and fill it with around 5 litres of water. Following this, add just a cap full of our Everyday Cleaner, as this small amount is powerful enough to cover a large area such as your porcelain patio or kitchen floor!
- Add your mop into the solution, and simply begin mopping your desired area. You will instantly see the built-up dirt being removed and captured by your mop, which the solution has removed. To complete, rinse off your mop and give your surface one more clean for optimal results.
Grout Haze Remover
The Grout Haze Remover from our ‘Remove-IT’ range is specially designed to remove grout haze from tiles, giving you a guaranteed clean once your job is complete. You can clean your surfaces by hand and get great results however, for maximum results, we highly recommend using the Macchia and Ventosa machines. To easily use the Grout Haze Remover, follow these simple steps:
- Dilute and mix your solution with a 4:1 ratio of solution and water. (Top tip: use a spray bottle to allow for easy distribution of the product, and to make the solution last longer). Once mixed, spray the infected area which you wish to clean.
- Use an emulsifying pad with water to work the solution into the tile. We recommend you use circular motions to get the solution deep into the tile. When working the solution, you may see a change in colour and a fizz beginning, this is due to the acidic nature of the product battling the alkaline of the haze.
- Once the solution is worked into the tile, you will see a foam from where the product has activated and worked against the haze. Once visible, leave for 5 minutes to allow for further time of the solution to work.
- After the 5 minutes has passed, grab a sponge and clean water, and begin to remove the bulk of the solution off your tiles.
- One final rinse of the sponge, and one final clean of the tile removes any remains of the solution and you are all done!
Heavy Duty Cleaner
From our ‘Clean-IT’ range we have the Heavy Duty Cleaner which is designed to focus on extreme dirt build-up on tiles and is best used for heavily soiled areas which really do need a new lease of life. This solution is best worked in conjunction with the Macchia and Ventosa as the Macchia drives the chemical underneath the layers of dirt on the paving, lifting it to the surface allowing it to be easily diluted and removed with the Ventosa. This product is eco-friendly and is also a biodegradable detergent. Instructions for use (with the Macchia):
- Dilute and add your solution into the spray pump applicator, turn on the Macchia and begin to work the solution into the surface area which is contaminated.
- Once the surface has been worked thoroughly with the solutions, prepare the Ventosa to vacuum the residues and dirt.
- When using the Ventosa, first begin by spraying the area with the spray jet to dilute the solution further, then follow with the vacuum to remove all dirt and solution.
Our Rust Remover from the ‘Remove-IT’ range is a product designed for the removal of rust from your tiles. Most people from time to time will have a problem with rust stains on their porcelain or paving caused by furniture, balustrades, BBQs, or even a nail or bolt that may have been left on the tile. To use the rust remover, just follow these simple steps:
- Remove any rust-causing elements away from the infected area.
- Apply the solution to the infected area and rub with a brush of your choice. You may notice that the lighter stains are removed almost instantly, but the stronger stains will need time for the solution to work through and remove the stains.
- Leave the solution for around an hour to work into the stains.
- After the hour has passed, come back to the area, and clean off the remaining stains and residue with clean water and a sponge.
This is our eco-friendly, water-based sealer and is purposely made for sealing natural stone and porcelain. The beauty of this product is that is a breathable sealer, meaning that the solution will allow moisture to come up and out of the stone, but it will not allow it to enter the stone.
Many people believe that porcelain doesn’t need to be sealed, however this is not a sealing process. Seal-It is a protective layer added to porcelain which covers and fills all the micropores found in the tile to make for ease of cleaning and protection. This stops all the airborne contamination gathering in the little pinholes, allowing you to keep on top of cleaning with ease! To apply the sealer:
- Add solution to an applicator kit of your choice.
- Dip the applicator brush into the solution and remove any excess from the brush.
- Simply add a thin coat layer onto your tiles.
- Once complete, using a lint free cloth you can remove the excess sealer from the tiles. This removes the surface layer but leaves the product inside all the microscopic holes and craters of the tile. Once dried, the tile will return to its original colouring.
Algae & Blackspot Remover
Our Algae & Blackspot remover is housed in our ‘Remove-IT’ range and is designed to remove algae and blackspot from your tiles and natural stone. This product is very strong so do be careful when using it around animal life, pond areas and vegetation as it will burn it. To use this product, follow these steps:
- Wet the surface area which you wish to treat. It is important to ensure all the area is thoroughly wet.
- Apply the solution to the area you wish to treat and begin to brush into the stone and work the solution around. You will instantly see the solution working through a colour change of the solution.
- Leave to solution for 10-20 minutes to allow for the solution to work.
- Come back to the area and rinse with a clean sponge and water to see the results!
If you have any stubborn stains, the process may need to be repeated to ensure all is removed from the area. To prevent the build-up of algae and blackspot in your area again, it is advised to use our Seal-IT product to prevent the area from being contaminated again.
From our ‘Remove-IT’ range we have our Epoxy Remover which is designed to be used in conjunction with those who have used a brush in grout. Brush in grouts tend to leave a sticky residue across the surface of the paving, where it has been applied, and this solution will remove the sticky substance off the surface.
Extreme Residue Remover
Staying in line with our ‘Remove-IT’ range, we have the Extreme Residue Remover which is a fine powder designed to remove those extreme residues from your surfaces. It is important to know this product will not damage your tile if it is a matte design, but you must NOT use this on polished stone or porcelain as this will corrode the surface and make it dull. Instructions of use:
- Apply the powder to the area you wish to be treated.
- Add water to the powder to create a paste.
- Using a skewering pad, rub the solution into the infected area to remove the stain.
- Rinse with a clean sponge and water to see your results!
Oil and Grease Remover
To finalise the ‘Remove-IT’ range, we have our Oil and Grease remover which is specially designed to remove both oil and grease which may have appeared on your surfaces, from BBQs or such, the product works on cementitious products, natural stone, and other materials, and it is extremely effective! The solution works by entering the stone and drying on top of the stone. During this process, the solution pulls all deep oil and grease stains out of the stone and turns into a dry powder for easy removal. To use this product, follow these steps:
- Remove any excess oil or grease from the surface with a cloth or rag.
- Shake the tin thoroughly and apply the product to the infected area and leave to dry for around 2 hours.
- Once the time has passed, the solution will have pulled the oil and/or grease out of the stone and will have dried into a powder.
- Simply wipe the surface with a brush of your choice and watch the powder be easily removed from the surface.
- Once cleared, get a clean sponge and water to clean the area. We recommend our Everyday Cleaner to ensure a thorough clean to the surface.
- It is recommended to use our Seal-IT product to prevent further oil or grease stains from entering the stone in the future.
All our solutions can be applied with simple hand tools, but for optimal results we strongly recommend using the Macchia and Ventosa. For How-To videos on using our TT Paving Solutions range, follow the link to visit our YouTube channel for a full playlist covering all products: How To: Use TT Paving Solutions | TT Paving Solutions Instructions | TilersTools.